What is Raven Rocks? Index News
Index --> Health --> Zone diet
JHZB Zone diet links and resources
- Introduction to the Zone, an essay by Warren Stetzel which includes startling results from before and after blood tests. This essay was written about six weeks after Dr. Sears made his first appearance on the Today Show, a presentation that moved our diet conscious household to switch to the Zone the next day.
- drsears.com is the best site for up-to-date information
- First 35 pages of A Week in the Zone by Barry Sears, PhD. Sears recommends this passage elsewhere as best summary and introduction. (Best to look for this in a library.)
- We recommend either of two of Sears's other books, his first book, Enter the Zone, or the more recent Anti-Aging Zone. Either contains a much more complete explanation of the Zone. Some may find the books slow going, but the background science will stand you in good stead when you are trying to make the diet work for you.
- But how do I start "Zoning," or 40-30-30 Food Balancing?! (A very good page from "Karen's Kitchen," a site which was begun for vegetarians, but now has lots of useful stuff for everyone.)
- Original power ball recipe
- Power ball recipe as modified by JHZB
- The Zone is for Vegetarians (A page from Dr. Sears's web site)
- "Cook Meats Slowly," (Our suggestions as to the best technique for cooking meat. Based on some fifty years' experience with Adelle Davis's advice.)
- Carbohydrates and their block values (This chart recognizes that your body does not react to the fiber in carbs, so in some cases amounts differ from other lists.)
- Total Body Wellness's Nutrition Support Hotline. 888-925-3206 (Staffed by Donna Dodge; she's really good. It's free. Say "hello" for us!)
Modified April 24, 2002